Last thoughts for 2006
The above pic is where I would love to be right now but alas, I’m not. However, I take heart that His will is perfect and the only place I would want to be is right smack in the center of His Perfect Will for me:)2007 is just a couple of minutes away. What a year 2006 has been.
I wasn’t at the Watch Night service as I decided just this morning I would join the prayer kickoff with the leadership of the church tomorrow in Johor.
I’d actually intended to join the prayer kickoff last week but kept putting it at the back of my mind and didn’t have a chance to run it by the pastors. Thank God Hau Chun and Jason could fit me in at the last minute.
A couple of thanksgiving items.
I thank God for His love, mercies, faithfulness, lessons and provisions.
If not for His love toward yours truly, I don’t know where and what I’ll be. Well actually, I know where exactly I’ll be if I were to buy the farm prior to knowing Him!!! Scary thought!!!
If not for His mercies, I would be dust by now and no longer effective to be of use to Him.
If not for His faithfulness, I would have faltered in my walk with Him and my mind the devil’s playground.
If not for His lessons, I would not have my wits about me I would be a complete basket case although some people do think I’m a basket case in the making :P Hahaha.
If not for His provision, I would be considering or even working a 9 to 5 gig with no fulfillment. I’m truly thankful I’m not caught up in the rat race yet but the Good Lord willing, I won’t ever have to be J
I took a pretty big step of faith to do what I'm doing now. I was very concerned that I may be out of His will and doing what I love but He has been faithful. I’m constantly awed by His meeting of my deepest needs. It is exciting to live life not really knowing and expecting what the next day will bring.
I do admit there’s been times when I’d fretted and doubted His faithfulness but never once has my Lord and Savior failed me. Sadly, I have disappointed and failed Him many times the past year. The good thing is I would like to believe I’m growing in Him and that’s what counts.
2006 had been a pretty steep learning curve for me. My involvement in a totally new ministry and my taking over of a very special ministry that’s close to my heart brought tears of desperation, relief and joy. If not for His grace, patience and wisdom, I don’t think I could be at my present state of mind, which is blessed excitement!!! I’ve got so much on my mind and so much to share but all will be revealed during the prayer kickoff. I’ve run my burden and desires by my trusted confidants cum mentors and have their blessing and support. Some of you may have a rough idea of what I’m referring to.
2007 will be a year of changes and upheavals in my life and I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.
Last but not least, a thank you for your prayers, encouragement and support. You guys know who you are.
Blessed 2007 folks. Let’s make it count for eternity!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home