Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bye Kim Coogan

Just got back from the airport. Pastor Mike, Lisa and myself sent Kim Coogan off. Some of you may not know Kim but she's been with us the past 4-5 months. She spent most of her time in the Philippines.

I was sick and decided to rest at home instead of attending Teens worship. I got a text message from Lisa in the early evening that Kim’s leaving for home tonight. This was a surprise as Lisa and I were just at the airport on Monday to pick her up when she returned from Bohol, Philippines. I understand her plan’s was to visit Myanmar with the Redicks and she leaves for Dublin December 7th.

Anyway, the Lord intervened. Kim’s unable to get a visa to go to Myanmar and instead of bumming in Singapore, she decided to go home earlier and to spend time with her family and update her church on how the Lord’s working in our part of the world.

Although I didn’t have a chance to hang out often with Kim, she’s been an incredible encouragement and testimony to me. She spent over 4 months laboring with our fellow SMCians in the Philippines. As pastor Mike mentioned, she lived in abject poverty and was happy doing so. She also living out John 6:27 “Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

This should put us Singaporeans to shame. Most of us won’t even last 2 weeks in the Philippines let alone a month.

It’s both encouraging and refreshing to know this young lady who’s 100% sold out and committed to Jesus. I would venture to say Kim’s living by faith empowered by His Spirit.

This is something we all long for but what’s stopping us from taking that step of faith?

Kim took a huge step of faith by coming to Singapore and a bigger step of faith laboring for our Lord in the Philippines.

God willing, we’ll hook up late February next year in the U.S.

She should be back to our part of the world next March. Do remember her in prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home